Click the link below to fill out the membership form.
Payment options are Cash, Cheque, Debit paid at our center or via e-transfer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Prince George Council of Seniors Membership Description
Classes of members and application for membership in the Society:
- Association or Group Member: Associations or not-for-profit groups or organizations with a primary interest in seniors may apply to the Board for membership as a seniors’ organization and, if accepted, will identify a liaison to the Council of Seniors and may nominate individuals affiliated with their Association or Group to the Board through the election process;
- Community Member: Public organizations and community-based groups with an interest in the objectives of the Society may apply to the Board for membership as a community organization and, if accepted, will identify a liaison to the Council of Seniors and may nominate individuals affiliated with their organization or group to the Board through the election process;
- Associate Member: Any individual with an interest in the objectives of the Society may apply to the Board for membership and, if accepted, shall be an associate member with the Society and the member may be nominated or stand for nomination to the Board through the election process;
- Corporate Member: A business with an interest in the objectives of the Society may apply to the Board for membership and, if accepted, shall be a corporate member with the Society and will identify a liaison to the Council of Seniors; an individual associated with the business may be nominated or stand for nomination through the election process.
Duties of members
Every member must uphold the constitution of the Society and must comply with these Bylaws.
Amount of membership dues
The amount of the annual membership dues, if any, must be determined by the Board.
MEMBERSHIP DUES For the 2023-2024 Fiscal year are due by April 1,2023
ASSOCIATION OR GROUP MEMBER: $25.00 per fiscal year year plus $ .10 per member.
COMMUNITY MEMBER: $50.OO per fiscal year.
CORPORATE MEMBER: $200.00 per fiscal year.
ASSOCIATE MEMBER: $10.00 per fiscal year
Member not in good standing
A member is not in good standing if:
- the organization, individual or business fails to uphold the constitution of the Society and comply with these Bylaws;
- the member fails to pay the annual membership dues.
Member not in good standing may not vote
A voting member who is not in good standing
- may not vote at a general meeting, and
- is deemed not to be a voting member for the purpose of consenting to a resolution of the voting members.
Resignation or removal from membership
An organization, individual or business ceases to be a member of the Society:
- by delivering a resignation in writing to the Society;
- in the case of an organization or business on dissolution;
- on being expelled;
- on having been a member not in good standing for 6 consecutive months.
A member may be expelled by a special resolution of the members passed at a general meeting. The notice of special resolution for expulsion shall include a brief statement of the reason(s) for the proposal. The person or organization subject to expulsion must be given an opportunity to be heard at a Board meeting before the special resolution is put to a vote.
PGCOS members include five seniors activity centers, various retiree organizations and community organizations concerned about seniors issues, as well as a number of individual seniors unaffiliated with those centers or groups.